Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Free Vector Art: Asian Woman

Over the past few years, I've been working on improving my artistic ability by doing the "static" (non-moving) equivalent of "rotoscoping" (or "roto"), which is a film/animation technique that involves drawing/painting over live action scenes, to produce crisp, clean cartoons or line art, probably the most famous of the earliest and still continuing examples, would be Walt Disney's many films, that have that "realistic" movement quality, that involved a lot of frames, rather than the handful usually associated with cartoons and drawn animation. As part of my posts here, I'm going to start posting some of the images I've put up on the Open Clip Art Gallery or other places, mostly this vectorized clipart, though I may also do some hand work as well.







Asian Woman Vector Art




This was a bit of a cheat but it turned out so well that I used it anyway. It is using the "Photocopy" or Black and White filter from a graphics program (probably GIMP, but it's been so long I forgot), and then I ran it through Inkscape (a vector graphics program that lets you trace bitmaps to make line art). I don't know where I got the picture, but judging by its quality, I'd hazard a guess it is not public domain or royalty free, so while you can use it for your own purposes, I'd recommend against trying to use it in a commercial work.


No comments:

Post a Comment